Thursday, January 28, 2010

Work in Progress - Word War II

Okay, so I am doing a follow-up of my first poem, Word War I. It's not finished but comments will definitely help. Enjoy!

Hiroshima hazard wastelands
engulf united minds as swift
as war was declared yet again
corrupted intentions sign
martial law to these once promising
frames of minds

Media vultures are circling again.
They smell fresh minds to corrupt
as our youth look at the TV, wide eyed
and innocent, to pictures of false grandeur;
to the objectification for emasculation
resulting in cultural masturbation
on old and open lacerations upon
history as dark as our skin color

Get the money
fuck the hoes
save that love shit
for another day
'cause these drugs ain't
gon' sell themselves
on the corner

I wish I could give you this feeling
I wish I could give you this feeling

This...constant feeling of disappointment
of pressing red Staples buttons

Any suggestions or comments will be gratefully accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment