Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I need a title for this. I'm stumped.

Okay, I wrote this poem a while back, but I am still fiddling with it. Read and comment on what you think it needs. Thanks!

I am going on a trip to the future with destiny. So just to be sure I asked her what I needed. She told me all you needed was everything from your closet that you keep locked afraid to bring sunlight into that place. Then I told her she was wrong. I am not afraid to bring light in there because I no longer have skeletons in there. I have mountains. Mountains of all of the people that ever tried to dissuade me from dreaming. I packed my suitcase full of mountains and forgot to leave room for my valleys of hope and peace but she don't worry. We can pick those up along the way. All you need is a smile and an open heart to pay for those valleys until you have enough to make real estate out of dreams and build skyscrapers out of words, love, and life. And I understand what she I saying but I can't see myself able to do that, but she say that’s why I am here. She sees what I can't. She double tap dances on my footsteps to make sure that I am on track. I arrive at my gate confident that as soon as I got on that plane all my fears would be over, but I was stopped by security because they said I couldn't have my bag back because I was carrying concealed weapons in the form of mountains. I told them that yes I was carrying weapons. My weapons are words and I keep those mountains as stepping stones that I can't make my way to the future without. So as I leave the gate behind look out the window of my plane of purpose and seeing that past asking for constant postcards and calls because it knew I was finally going....home.

No comments:

Post a Comment