Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's finally here!


Okay you can call me what you will, but I am super stoked about the new Harry Potter movie - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It's been too long since the last movie came out (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) that I had to re-watch the series over again, which didn't take long. I was very frustrated with Warner Bros. when they pushed it back from it's original release date in November, but as it turns out, that may actually have been the best move. Because not only did it create a bigger feeling that this movie will trump the last 5, but to wait until the summer to get peak output on the age range (12-24 - I know very well that most of you don't fall into that age range, but it is the target.)

I hope that the movie stays more true to the book than the last 5. The last movie, while entertaining, left so much out that it really angered me. I really think that they should go back and redo all the movies and do them by the book, no matter how long the movie will be. If you take a look at the following, one would come to the assumption that the revamped movies will do surprisingly well.

Don't you love the feeling when you pick up a good book and the moment you start reading it, you just can't bring yourself to put it down until you have finished reading it cover to cover? That was the feeling when I first started reading the series. I originally started reading them because i was bored and I didn't have anything to do while I was incapacitated (I had a broken ankle...but that's another story) and I was hooked after that. I knew I had to keep reading them. I would have my best friend drive me to Barnes & Noble to buy the other ones as I finished them.

Ahem....sorry for the tangent

All in all, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince = a MUST see. You'll regret it if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment