Monday, July 6, 2009

Something I had to let loose

This has been on my mind for a while now, but there may be some folks that understand how I feel in this situation. This one goes out to everybody that has parents who are separated/divorced. As a person who has had both parents for most of my life, them splitting up really took a toll on me mentally for a while. The main thing was that they have separated two times before, but now that the "D" word (Divorce...dunh dunh dunh....) has been thrown out there, it changed the whole game. I got a little depressed, but i was more confused than anything else. Because the last few times, really messed with my head because he would leave and come back, promising things would be better and be right back out the door again. After a while, you gotta do what's best for you, which is why I am good with the fact that they are separated.

It's funny, how much better things have gotten. it's like a big boulder (bump a chip) has been lifted and things are looking up. Most people that know me already know that I am only cordial with my father, but other than the fact that we share the same DNA, I don't really care for him. I won't get into this time around (that's a whole new blog), but let's just say that he was non-existent in my life, even though we shared the same roof. But back to the subject, I am glad that this happened, because it showed me a different dynamic of what a family could be. As most of you know, you can't always trust family members, so what do you do? Replace them. I am thankful for my friends who know about this and have helped me through it. If it weren't for ya'll...man....I really wouldn't know where I would be other than under a bridge somewhere.

So to wrap this up, sometimes the darkest of times are the times that you need in order to appreciate the light. So live your life thankful for the good times and be extra happy that you have bad times. Because a person who knows nothing but good times can be quite naive. Till next time yall - Keep your creativity close, let your imagination run, live for the moment, and always have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment