Monday, July 27, 2009

New Beginnings

Okay, I accept that I have been slacking on the blogs (don't judge me!), but I am back and I have a lot to catch you up on. First off, an update on the status of my car. For those that don't know (which is all of you...lol), a couple of weeks ago, my car was bombarded with hail that resulted in several cracks in my windshield, a cracked tail light, and countless dents in my car. I have since then been trying to get the claims adjuster out to evaluate it but he was never in my part of town. He just came yesterday to let me know that my car may be totaled. Now that's one thing I didn't expect him to say. But it maybe a blessing in disguise. If it is totaled, I may just get a new car. And with the way the economy and the auto market is right now, this would be the perfect time to do so.

Also, things are looking up poetically as well. For the past 7 months, I have been competing in the Dallas Poetry Slam almost every Friday to see where my poetry is compared to the best of Dallas. The goal of the slam is to get high enough scores to place in the top 3, with cash prizes for the top two. If you place 5 times before the end of the slam season, you qualify for the Dallas Grand Slam Championships, a giant free for all with the top 4 earning a spot on the 2009-2010 Dallas Poetry Slam team that represents Dallas at the National Poetry Slam later on in the year. So far I have 4 places and I am hoping to get my 5th very soon. It's funny that last year I wouldn't have ever recited my poetry out loud, even less in public. But new beginnings are here and I can only sit back and watch God work.

I do believe the tide has changed in my life and in a very good way. Things are working out in a way I wouldn't have expected them to this time a year ago. I guess I never really realized my growth until now, when things are starting to show and pay from the hard work I put into my life just to make it.

That's it for this edition of "Skech my Dreams". I'll leave you with this: things may look grim now, but trust that the end of the tunnel is coming and you will see the light shine in your life in due time.

Keep your creativity close, let your imagination run, live for the moment, and always have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment